Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flicker of Inspiration #52: Speed Writing

"No...no...no...please don't..." I pleaded with my eyes and he leaned into me. It was no use-his were already closed, his lips parted slightly as they met mine.

He tasted like beer and sweat.

"If I keep my eyes open, it won't count..." I thought as I tried to resist, but as he moved his hands-one cradling my head, one resting on the small of my back- I couldn't any longer.

My eyes closed and I fell into him.

Minutes had passed when they opened again, but for all I knew it could have been days, months, years. I lost track of everything and it took me a few minutes to get my bearings again. I opened my eyes to find him in front of me, staring at me, his mouth cocked in a half smile that, under normal circumstances, would infuriate me. But now, knowing that his mouth had just been on mine and with the amount of adrenaline coursing through me, just made me smile back.

"I'm sorry," he started, a small accent I'd never heard before coming through, "I know I shouldn't have done that. I just couldn't help myself... you just look so..."

"Don't worry about it," I said, cutting him off. I was afraid if I heard the end of that sentence I may actually explode from embarrassment, or anxiety, or hormones, or some combination of all three.

"Maybe we should get back?" I asked.

"Ok," he said, looked a little disappointed."

I turned to leave but he reached out and grabbed my hand, spinning me back into his arms before I knew what was happening. In a split second, his lips were on mine again and my eyes closed without a fight this time-falling into the moment, into him.

The sweet taste of sweat and beer still lingered on my tongue when he finally released me.

This post is in response to a prompt at The Lightning and The Lightning Bug - Flicker of Inspiration #52: Speed Writing


3 comments:

  1. Well now, I wish this had been a 20 minute prompt, I want more!!

    Excellent, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done :) I really like this.

    Stopping by from the Lightning Bug to say hi :) Megan Wille, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Author

    ReplyDelete